Thursday 29 March 2012

Upcoming David Lynch UK Blu-rays

Further to the previous information at Grim Cellar (posted here) regarding the fantastic news that Lynch's seminal Eraserhead is on its way to UK Blu, it seems that Universal are treating UK fans to a batch of the unique director's films:  On their merry way are also discs of Dune (not sure which cut but I'm guessing the theatrical), Lost Highway, Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me, Blue Velvet, and Wild at Heart.  I'll certainly be looking out for all of those, with the exception of Dune, which I wanted to like but ended up being transformed into cowdung through the sheer boredom of it all, and Wild at Heart, which features, er, Nicolas Cage.  Good news is the fact that these discs seems generally to be carrying a few extras to make them doubly worth picking up.  Lost Highway's one of my favourites of the great auteur so I think that will be top of my list (replacing the reasonable two disc DVD, which had a slightly dissatisfying transfer that was very soft and a tad indistinct as a result).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bring forth your thoughts...